Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Off to Pre-school

Last year, I've asked my parents to enroll Shaynna in a nursery school in Iligan City. However, no school accepts a 2-year old. Shaynna is already 3 years old, so she now goes to Montessori School in Iligan City. Weeks before the start of classes, she's been bugging everyone at home about going to school. She even narrated that if Papa were still alive, Papa would also be there on her first day. She was very excited. But what happened today, the first day?

My mother, Manang Gina, Shaynna's father, and I went with her to school. As we approached the school gate, Shaynna would no longer let go of my hand. As we went inside the gate, I had to carry her to the classroom because she looked scared and she started to cry. When were already inside the classroom, she clung on to me tightly, much like a monkey. I tried to talk to her and explain that I had to get out of the room but it did no good. The classes started and I was the only parent inside the room. More than an hour passed of convincing and even playing with her while her classmates did other activities, she still wouldn't get off me.

Then it was time for them to eat their snacks. I asked her to throw a biscuit wrapper and surprisingly, she got off me. Taking that chance, I silently went out of the classroom and went to the waiting area to check on my mother. Shaynna's father was outside the classroom and when I went back to check on Shaynna, her father was trying to soothe her. I was out for only a few seconds and I was not aware that she tailed after me crying! That time, Shaynna would not get near me because she felt bad that I left her.

No comments: