Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Because I'm a girl

Shaynna and I in the middle of our phone conversation:

Me: Baby, dapat ka mag sleep ug sayo para motubo ka.
(Baby, you have to go to sleep early so that you would grow tall.)

Shaynna:
Tan-aw pa man ko cartoons, mommy.
(I want to watch cartoons, mommy.)

Me:
Sleep na para pareha ka katas-a sa daddy nimo.
(You have to go to sleep so that you would grow as tall as your daddy.)

Shaynna: Dili ko oi. Babae biya ko mommy...
(I don't want to [grow as tall as daddy]. Have you forgotten that I'm a girl, mommy?)

1 comment:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Such a wonderful and sweet conversation between mommy and her sweet daughter. It reminds me of the frequent conversations of my wife , who is in the States, and our youngest daughter on webcam. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.